2019 Australian Senior Sides Championships: Proven stars set for Ettalong
A selection of the sport’s proven stars will converge on the Ettalong Memorial Bowling Club next week for the 2019 Australian Senior Sides Championships.
Following their highly successful hosting of the Australian Sides Championships back in April, the New South Wales’ Central Coast club will again be afforded the chance to stage a national event.
Dominant in South Australia’s Yorke Peninsula last year, Victoria is the defending Glyn Bosistio MBE Overall and John Dobbie AM Men’s champions, while New South Wales will be defending their Betty Collins OAM Women’s trophy.
In an added incentive for players this year, some of the best-performed determined by Bowls Australia (BA) National Selectors in attendance will be selected to represent Australia in the recently-added Over-60’s component in the 2019 Trans Tasman Test Series.
The ‘Senior Jackaroos’, consisting of five men and five women, will compete alongside the BCiB Australian Jackaroos and Emerging Jackaroos from November 25-27 on the Gold Coast.
2019 Australian Senior Sides Championships
Ettalong Memorial Bowling Club, NSW
(Unfortunately, this event will not be streamed by Bowls Australia)
Remaining events for 2019:
- World Singles Champion of Champions – October 28 – November 3 – Adelaide, SA
- #BPL10 – November 12-15 – Club Pine Rivers, QLD
- Multi-Nations – November 18-24 – Gold Coast, QLD
- Trans Tasman – November 25-27 – Gold Coast, QLD
- World Bowls Challenge – November 29-30 – Moama, NSW
- Australian Championships – December 2-6 – Club Sapphire, NSW