2020 Australian Open: Entries open!
The Australian Open is back again for 2020!
After five massive years on the sunny Gold Coast, the World’s Biggest Bowls Festival will resume next year on the sunshine state from June 13 to 26.
To build upon the success of the record-breaking 2019 edition, some of the features of next year’s event include:
- Open disciplines in Singles, Pairs & Fours, Under-18 Singles (Boys’ & Girls), Over-60’s Pairs (Men’s & Women’s) and various Bowlers with a Disability disciplines.
- Up to 13 host venues with some of the best greens in the world, including the host clubs for the 2019 Asia Pacific Championships and 2020 World Championships, Broadbeach, Club Helensvale and Musgrave Hill.
- Increased total prize pool to $275,000, across just under 700 prize money paying places.
- A ‘Player of the Tournament’ cheque for $2,500 which rewards the best and most consistent individual player across all open disciplines.
- An opportunity to catch up with old friends and meet new ones, while enjoying the sun and fun-filled destination that is the Gold Coast
Before entering, players are encouraged to read the Conditions of Play in order to familiarise themselves with the event and the entry conditions.
Due to high-interest, entries for the 2020 Australian Open will remain open until 11.59pm, Friday, April 10, 2020.