Australian Blind Bowlers Association Coach
ABBA is seeking expressions of interest for its coaching position The Australian Blind Bowlers Association (ABBA) has began its search for a new national coach, following the conclusion of Graeme Clements tenure.
The suitable applicant for the four year appointment will be able to demonstrate:
– An understanding and empathy of people who are blind or vision impaired.
– An ability to work in a team.
– Coaching Accreditation (NCAS ) together with Working with Children Certificate or equivalent by State or Territory
– An ability to work with coaching staff of each state and Bowls Australia.
– To liaise with state associations to further develop and strengthen the current Australia wide Coaching Panel.
– To provide a squad or individual training program to include fitness and on green skill drills as required.
– To plan for the defence of the Trans Tasman trophy to be held in New Zealand during 2015 and to plan for the preparation and training of the selected team to compete in the IBBA world championships to be held in South Africa in 2017.
Application must be submitted in writing to the Secretary of ABBA at 8 Tulipwood Way, Narangba. QLD. 4504, prior to the close of business on Friday, January 24, and should be accompanied by the names of at least two referees.
Further information can be obtained by contacting ABBA President Dr John Vance on 07 5545 3616.