COVID-19: Latest bowls-specific guidelines
Updated: September 17, 2020
Guidelines for clubs & participants by state
The following guidelines are to be read in conjunction with the above State of Play and Trade matrix.
- The responsibility lies with individual clubs to ensure that:
- They are fully aware of and compliant with their own State or Territory Government and STA advice.
- All of these guidelines are adhered to and engage any staffing/volunteers required as necessary to fulfil the guidelines.
- Hand sanitiser is to be made available at the entrance to the club and beside each green in use.
- Disinfectant spray must be made available beside mat/jack boxes. After each use, all mats and jacks must be thoroughly cleaned before being used again.
- Any club bowls that are loaned to players are to be thoroughly cleaned before and after use.
- Clubs may need to implement a booking system to facilitate rink bookings, to conform with guidelines. Best practice is that a register of attendees is kept, just in case a communicable illness were to occur.
- Any meetings held on the club premises should employ physical distancing of 1.5m between people and be limited to the number of people determined by the relevant state/territory social gathering limits.
- Where possible, outdoor-accessible toilets should be open. At the very least, hand washing facilities should be available.
- As per the State of Play & Trade matrix above.
- All players are to use separate mats and jacks (or ensure that the same player on each rink places mats or places/rolls jacks).
- Other bowls equipment cannot be shared between players (e.g. bowls, cloths, measures etc).
- Disinfectant spray must be made available beside mat/jack boxes and between each use, all mats and jacks must be thoroughly cleaned by players.
- Players should practice safe hygiene at all times, including washing hands for at least 20 seconds before and after bowls.
- Bowls Victoria
- Bowls NSW / Women’s Bowls NSW
- Bowls Queensland
- Bowls SA
- Bowls WA
- Bowls ACT
- Bowls Tasmania
- Bowls NT