Our Future Female Leaders Program
An innovative leadership program for Women in Bowls.
Following the implementation of the Women in Bowls Working Party, Bowls Australia (BA) is proud to announce the re-launch of the Our Future Female Leaders Program.
Our Future Female Leaders Program is a learning and development program that has come to fruition with the significant support provided by Sport Australia and the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS).
The program itself has been designed by the AIS Performance People and Teams (PPT) branch, facilitated by the Melbourne Business School (MBS) and supported by Sport Aust through the Women Leaders in Sport (WLIS) grant program.
Our Future Female Leaders Program is tailored to women in management, administration, advisory and coaching roles within BA, State and Territory Associations and clubs Australia-wide.
The program also supports the transition from player to coach and/or an administrator.
Due to the restrictions brought on by COVID-19, the delivery of the first module of this program will be conducted via a virtual/online platform.
We are looking to deliver the second and third modules in Melbourne in 2021 (with dates TBC).
The program will then continue with a series of face-to-face residential modules, immersive experiences, project work, mentoring, individual assessment and regular feedback and reflection (subject to COVID restrictions).
Our Future Female Leaders Program will fund a maximum of 15 participants, with successful placements determined through a rigorous application and selection process.
Participants will need to be available for the first module on the following dates:
- Module 1
- Program Launch: 29 September, 9am – 10am
- Workshop 1A: 14 October, 9am – 1pm
- Workshop 1B: 28 October, 9am – 1pm
- Workshop 1C: 11 November, 9am – 1pm
- Workshop 1D: 25 November, 9am – 1pm
- Module 2: TBC Melbourne 2021
- Module 3: TBC Melbourne 2021
(Existing applicants DO NOT need to re-apply, however, they MUST be available to attend the above dates currently scheduled for Module 1. Existing applicants have been emailed directly.)
The program will focus on three key themes:
- Personal Leadership
- Managing the complexity of your role
- Building self-belief and awareness
- Collaborative Leadership
- Inspire high performance
- Develop and lead others
- Team Dynamics and Leading Culture
- Contributing to a high performing environment
- Engage others in the team with clear purpose
The learning environment will unlock diverse experiences and perspectives and result in participants:
- Being self-aware and open to feedback
- Demonstrating authenticity and courage
- Considering the bigger picture
- Generating value back within the bowls community
Module 2 & 3 Inclusions (if held face-to-face in Melbourne)
- 12-month learning and development program
- Accommodation in Melbourne for each module
- Catering during each module (morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea)
- Flights (interstate participants)
Module 2 & 3 Exclusions (if held face-to-face in Melbourne)
- Evening meals
- Ground transport
We encourage you to submit an application if you are looking for personal growth and professional development for the role you currently hold within bowls.
Apply by completing the application form below, ensuring you attach a copy of your CV and cover letter, detailing why you believe the Our Future Female Leaders Program is the right development opportunity for you.
Applications Close – 5pm Wednesday, September 2, 2020
For more information, please contact Peter Brown at Bowls Australia on (03) 94807100 or email@example.com