Australian Government enforces closure of licensed clubs
The Australian Government has moved to enforce the closure of registered and licenced clubs (excluding bottle shops attached to these venues), indoor sporting venues, entertainment venues, from midday today (March 23, 2020).
These restrictions are particularly relevant to our clubs.
- Statement from the Prime Minister’s office (March 22, 2020)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Advice to BA members
The advisement is that these measures will be reviewed on a monthly basis, but Australians should expect these measures to be in place for at least 6 months.
The existing social distancing restrictions and health guidelines below continue to apply.
- No non-essential gatherings of more than 500 people outside or more than 100 people inside.
- All non-essential indoor gatherings of less than 100 people must have no more than one person per 4sqm. All Australians should expect their local businesses to be following this rule.
- Where possible, keep 1.5 metres between yourself and others
- Avoid non-essential travel
- Restrictions on entering aged care homes to protect older Australians
BA Office Closure
As of midday, March 23, the Bowls Australia head office in Thornbury, Melbourne, will close.
Staff will continue working remotely. Please see below for relevant contact details, should you require them:
General enquiries – email@example.com
Participation enquiries – firstname.lastname@example.org
Media enquiries – email@example.com