Officials at all levels are expected to have a set of skills and be able to perform relevant duties competently. A National Umpire is to be neutral and fair as they can be called upon to decide disputes or to give an interpretation of the laws. National Umpires must be proficient measurers and have full knowledge and awareness of all aspects of the Laws of the Sport of Bowls.
During the National Umpire course you will cover:
- The Umpire’s duties;
- Interpreting the laws;
- The Measurer’s duties;
- Laws relevant to measuring;
- Knowledge of correct and appropriate use of measuring equipment;
- Process of measuring;
- The Markers’ duties;
- Marker’s positioning on the green and positioning for different shots;
- Knowledge of correct and appropriate use of essential equipment;
- Communication, terminology and signalling skills as a Marker.
If you are interested in becoming a National Umpire, contact your state/territory association for details on upcoming courses!