With the harsh conditions of the Australian landscape natural disasters such as floods and fires can ravish and affect areas across the country in a short space of time, but just like the Australian ethos of looking after our mates, the lawn bowls fraternity will stand united in its support for bowling clubs and communities affected by the tragic events of the past few weeks through the Bowls’ Disaster Relief Fund initiative.
Bowls Australia is committed to redirecting one-hundred percent of all sums raised back to those clubs in need, who are able to access monies from the fund via an application process through Bowls Australia, with the help and knowledge of the Regional Bowls Manager network we can be across those in need as soon as possible after devastating events.
“The recent floods in Queensland and NSW and fires in Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia have severely damaged, and in some cases destroyed, many of the bowls clubs in the affected regions and we offer our thoughts to all of our members associated with those clubs,” Bowls Australia Chief Executive Officer Neil Dalrymple said.
“The Disaster Relief Fund was originally set up to assist clubs facing long term closure or damage clean up, and since its creation we have already distributed funds to 10 clubs in Victoria and Queensland in the aftermath of the 2010-11 floods.
“Bowls Australia is always heartened by the generosity and show of support of the broader bowls community to assist fellow bowlers and clubs in times of need,” Mr Dalrymple said.
“Bowls prides itself on being an inclusive sport for all Australians and lending a hand in times of need is what Australians do for each other.
“To exemplify the effectiveness of the fund to date, every club that has requested assistance has been allocated a grant.
“I encourage everyone to get behind this initiative and help where they can, an individual donation or through a fundraising activity at your club that is directed back to the Bowls Disaster Relief Fund.”
Applications for the Bowls Disaster Relief Fund are open for clubs who have been affected by recent disasters.
Donations to the Bowls Disaster Relief Fund can be made via:
Account Name: Disaster Relief Account
Account No: 2488-26455
If you would like to run your own fundraiser within your club, you can download the flyer below, where you can add your own fundraiser details and then donate the proceeds using the donation payment details above.
Please contact your Regional Bowls Manager for any help organising the event you may need, or to use their contacts to make it as successful as possible.
BLEST Wines by Barrie Lester is a range of wines, beer and cider that is produced by Steve’s Liquor and Barrie Lester, supported by Bowls Australia.
The sale of BLEST Wines contributes to Bowls Australia’s Disaster Relief Fund.
Bowls Australia and the state and territory associations would like to thank the generous bowls clubs who have contributed to the disaster relief fund.
Your kind donation will assist clubs affected by natural disasters to apply for funding to assist with the rebuild of their club or replacement of equipment lost.
• NSW Womens Bowling Association Inc.
• Clayton Bowls Club Inc. (VIC)
• Kalamunda Bowling Club (WA)
• Tarwin Lower & District Ladies (VIC)
• Frankston RSL-Sub Branch Inc (VIC)
• Turramurra Bowling Club (NSW)
• Morwell Bowling Club (VIC)
• Main Ridge Bowling Club (VIC)
• Glen Waverley Bowls Club Inc. (VIC)
• Lakes Entrance Bowls Club (VIC)
• Sydney Bowls Centre (NSW)
• Swan Hill Bowls Club (VIC)
• Blackhurst Men’s Bowling Club (NSW)
• Colac District Ladies Bowling Association (VIC)
• Yallourn Bowls Club (VIC)
• North Balwyn Bowls Club Inc (VIC)
• South Gippsland District Ladies Bowls Association (VIC)
• Malvern Bowling Club (VIC)
• Sandy Bay Bowls Club Inc (TAS)
• Tuncurry Bowling Club (NSW)
• Donvale Bowls Club (VIC)
• Payneham Bowls Club (VIC)
• Central Coast District Bowling/Zone 15 Inc. (NSW)
• Monbulk Bowling Club Inc (VIC)
• Barwon Heads Bowling Club Inc (VIC)
• Toora Bowls Club Inc (VIC)
• Portland Bowling Club Inc. (VIC)
• Meningie Bowling Club (SA)
• Caulfield Park Sports Club Inc (VIC)
• The Elsternwick Club Inc (VIC)
• ALMA Sports Club (VIC)
• Chelsea Bowling Club (VIC)
• Lara Bowling Club (VIC)
• San Remo Bowls Club Inc (VIC)
• Bentleigh Bowling Club Inc (VIC)
• Hilton Park Bowling & Recreation Club (WA)
• Cranbourne Bowling Club (VIC)
• Murrumbeena Park Bowls Club (VIC)
• Inverloch Bowling Club Inc. (VIC)
• Moora Bowling Club Inc (WA)
• Northern Suburbs District Women’s Bowling Association (NSW)
• Howrah Bowls Club Inc (TAS)
• South Tweed Sports Club (NSW)
• Mirboo North Bowling Club (VIC)
• City of Melbourne Bowls Club Inc. (VIC)
• Buckingham Bowls Club Inc (TAS)
• Moorabbin Bowling Club Inc (VIC)
• Dromana Bowls Club Inc. (VIC)
• Armadale Bowls Club (VIC)
• Rosny Park Bowls Club (TAS)
• South West Rocks Country Club Women’s Bowls, NSW
• Hunter River District Women’s Bowling Association, NSW
• Tathra Beach Women’s Bowling Club, NSW