NOTE: The contents of this Coaching page is in the process of being updated.
The Club Coach course is ideally suited to coaches regularly working at club level, either coaching a team or coaching an individual. Amongst a range of other knowledge and skill components, this course covers a broad range of general coaching theories and specific bowls content, including:
- Planning, conducting & reviewing a coaching session;
- Demonstrate appropriate risk management strategies & apply risk management procedures;
- Ability to teach skill technique and tactics in different learning environments taking into account player’s development;
- Communication style & strategies when coaching or providing feedback to different players;
- Implement inclusive activities for the coaching of bowls;
- Identify the specific responsibilities of lead, second, third and skip;
- Assist athletes with basic nutritional strategies for sports performance.
If you are interested in becoming a Club Coach, contact your state/territory association for details on upcoming courses!