NOTE: The contents of this Coaching page is in the process of being updated.
Everybody who plays starts somewhere. Young and novice bowlers’ first contact with the sport may be through introductory level coaches.
Bowls Australia’s Introductory Coach Course will ensure that this first point of contact is enjoyable and rewarding for both the coach and the player.
Creating a positive first experience for new bowlers is pivotal to the sustainability of the sport and our clubs.
The Introductory Coaches course prepares participants to:
- Identify the role and responsibilities of an Introductory Coach;
- Assess and manage the risks of coaching at an Introductory level;
- Utilise a range of communication techniques;
- Plan and safely conduct a training session, ensuring fun and maximum participation through games and activities;
- Adapt activities to meet player abilities;
- Coach the fundamentals of the delivery.
If you are interested in becoming an Introductory Coach, contact your state/territory association for details on upcoming courses.